On Air with Dr. Amer Siddiq – Episode 32
- Adolescent development time is very important!
- Traits: Curious, risk taking, experimenting
- Off-the-shelf ‘drugs’ such as alcohol, tobacco are easily available.
- Highly likely to progress to heavy drugs: cocaine, heroin, marijuana
- They will likely fall behind in school.
- Medical health will also be affected.
- Deliberate self harm or suicide is also related to substance abuse.
- increasing number of new drugs
- delivery of drugs is a problem
- Social media addiction can also lead to depression.
- Be vigilant with monitoring kids. Be apart of the development.